Low Carbon South West (LCSW) is a small but influential membership organisation that works to support low carbon businesses to develop. LCSW are helping to grow a resilient and successful low carbon economy, to improve knowledge and skills, and to create jobs.
- Job Title: Projects and Events Officer
- Reporting to: The General Manager
- Responsible for: N/A
- Location: Low Carbon South West offices in Bristol city centre and various partner locations around the West of England as required
- Hours: 2 days pro rata based on a 35 hour week
- Salary: £19000 p/a pro rata
- Contract: Initial one-year contract
Purpose of the role:
A significant part of our work is the development and delivery of work programmes and events and we are looking for an efficient, pro-active events and projects officer to help us run our events programmes, and support the day-to-day running of the company.
This role will be predominantly supporting the Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub (STBAH) programme alongside supporting LCSW’s core business activity. You will ideally be experienced and/or knowledgeable in business engagement or sustainability with a professional manner in person, on the phone and in email. Experienced in a busy office setting, you will be able to manage your own workload and prioritise daily tasks to complete projects to deadlines. Due to the nature of this role, a successful applicant will be expected to undertake some hours outside of normal office hours. Low Carbon South West promotes flexible working and will support you to be able to work around other commitments as much as possible.
• To support the delivery of events for LCSW and Go Green
• Attend events as an organiser and ensure their smooth-running (events are often held outside of office hours – for example breakfast sessions and evening networking events, so flexible availability is required)
• To collate information and create report on events
• Promote and market events via social media and other channels
• To communicate effectively with, and deliver appropriate support to, all association members, partners and board members in order to promote good working relationships.
• To assist with the administration and delivery (individually or as part of a team) of ongoing projects for LCSW as determined by the General Manager and Board.
• To deliver the necessary support and administration for relevant LCSW projects including writing marketing materials and administration of client contact.
• To act as a representative of LCSW and its’ projects at events and meetings as required
• To provide support for LCSW events as required
• To contribute to the day-to-day operations of LCSW as required
• Maintaining membership records
• Website and database editing
• Undertake other administrative and operative duties as required
• To deliver the necessary support and administration for LCSW and Go Green programmes, for example;
- Office filing and administration
- Arranging meetings
- Taking minutes
- To actively support the team to deliver LCSW’s activities and progress its objectives.
- To communicate effectively with, and deliver appropriate support to, all association members, partners and board members in order to promote good working relationships.
We are seeking candidates who are highly motivated and comfortable handling a wide range of tasks and situations. You must have excellent attention to detail, be very organised and capable of taking initiative and enjoy working hard to deliver excellent quality work.
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 9am Monday 16th April 2018. If you have questions about the role you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the deadline.